Providing a cutting-edge learning environment at a public high school is challenging to say the least. Equipment expenses for computers, software, cameras and microphones are high. The Media Arts program receives no funding from MBUSD or the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation. All of our equipment and services are purchased using donations made by parents and community members.
Your tax-deductible contributions go directly to supporting equipment and infrastructure needs of the Media Arts program and it’s award-winning curriculum. These expenses include maintaining and updating the following equipment on a regular basis:
- iMac Lab (15 stations) with editing software, hard drives and accessories
- Seven HD video camera kits (including tripods, batteries and cases)
- Four lighting and grip packages for field production.
- Microphones and cables
- Live, three-camera Television Studio and production facility
- Annual, ongoing costs like equipment repairs, memory cards, connectors, expendables, etc.
To make your tax-deductible contribution, or find out about additional ways to support Media Arts, please contact adviser, Michael Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org